🎭 4. Roles and responsibilities
This project is a perfect example to illustrate the importance of having a great team. As it was an important task for the company every person was able to follow the progress of the project and give their feedback on Workplace and InVision. But mostly 5 people were involved on the project:
- Allie - Marketing Manager. She was in charge of the content of the PDFs. She interacted a lot with Gabriel to ensure the psychometric validity of the reports and with me to organize the report.
- Joy - Graphic/UI Designer. She was in charge of improving the UI of the reports and had daily interactions with Allie and me.
- Ilya - Front-End Developer. He was the one coding the changes. We had a lot of interactions during the whole process to ensure that what we did was possible.
- Gabriel - Psychometry. He was the one ensuring that the rigorousness and psychometric validity of our reports.
- Me - Product/UX Designer. I was managing the project and wrote the specifications for the developers. I also helped implement Joy UI decisions in Sketch.
The importance of having a good team cohesion was even more crucial because while Allie, Joy and I were located in San Francisco, Ilya ad Gabriel were located in Paris. But thankfully to a great organizations and great collaborative tools such as InVision and GitHub we were able to remove the 9-hour time difference issue.
Also although each person had it own scope, everyone was able to go beyond and help outside of their main field. Allie for example, thanks to her previous career as freelance designer, was always in discussion with Joy. Ilya, as one of the first employee of the company, is more than just a developer and his feedback are important because he knows the business of Talentoday very well.